“It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High…”
There are hundreds of reasons why praise is important. In examining ten reasons and examples, one thing becomes clear. “It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High…” Psalm 92:1. Praise is a good thing. That means it is pleasant, valuable, and morally excellent. Psalm 147:1 tells us that praise is beautiful and agreeable. Out of hundreds, here are our Ten Reasons to Praise:
- We praise God for it is fitting; Psalm 145:3
Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised, And His greatness is unsearchable.
- We praise God for He is worthy to be praised; 2 Samuel 22:4
I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies.
- We praise God because everything is His; 1 Chronicle 29:11
Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O LORD, and You exalt Yourself as head over all. NASB
- Praising God is the fruit of our lips; Hebrews 13:15
Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.
- We praise Him for He chose us from the beginning for salvation; 2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.
- We praise God because He keeps His promises; 1 Kings 8:56
Blessed be the Lord who has given rest to his people Israel, according to all that he promised. Not one word has failed of all his good promise, which he spoke by Moses his servant.
- We praise Him for He pardons sins; Psalm 103:1-3
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
- If you don’t praise God, the stones will; Luke 19:40
But He answered and said to them, “I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out.”
- We Will praise God eternally; Psalm 106:48
Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, From everlasting even to everlasting. And let all the people say, “Amen.” Praise the LORD!
- All of creation is commanded to give praise to God; Psalm 148:1-10, Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights!
- Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his hosts!
- Praise him, sun and moon praise him, all you shining stars!
- Praise him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens!
- Let them praise the name of the Lord! For he commanded and they were created.
- And he established them forever and ever; he gave a decree, and it shall not pass away.
- Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all deeps,
- fire and hail, snow and mist, stormy wind fulfilling his word!
- Mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars!
- Beasts and all livestock, creeping things and flying birds!
- We praise God for His benefits; Deuteronomy 8:10, When you have eaten and are satisfied, you shall bless the LORD your God for the good land which He has given you.
We will spend eternity praising. We might as well start practicing praises today. Though there are many people who choose not to praise God right now, there is coming a day in which every knee will bow and every tongue will confess the praises of God (Philippians 2:10-11)
If you like this article, share with your loved ones and don’t forgot to come back HERE every week.